Lejeune Justice Center

Camp Lejeune and MCAS Toxic Water Lawsuit FAQs

Anyone (veterans and family members) who lived in certain areas of Camp Lejeune for at least 30 consecutive days. The main wells that were mainly affected were in Tarawa Terrace, Hadnot Point and Holcomb Boulevard. These are the confirmed areas of contamination.

Claim Your Compensation Today

If you were on Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987, you may qualify for compensation.

A. VA Disability Cases

You probably don’t need a lawyer if you just intend to file a VA claim for disability benefits. Go the VA website for more information on disability claims: https://www.va.gov/disability/eligibility/hazardous-materials-exposure/camp-lejeune-water-contamination/ You can fill out a Form 10:10068 https://www.va.gov/VA_Form_10-10068.pdf and mail it to the VA:

Department of Veterans Affairs
Financial Services Center
PO Box 149200
Austin, TX 78714-9200

Some veterans are very frustrated with this process.  Many have filed for disability for years and been denied.  However, things have changed. The U.S. Congress just passed the PACT Act that has expanded coverage for illnesses and even provided presumptions for coverage if you have some illnesses. You can review a copy of the PACT Act here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/3967/text So, you should try again to get benefits.

B. Camp Lejeune Justice Act

You probably will need a lawyer if you intend to file a lawsuit. The Camp Lejeune Justice Act will essentially allow servicemen and families to actually file lawsuits against the federal government for damages.  Frankly, this is much more difficult to do, and I am still researching this issue. Once the Camp Lejeune Justice Act (hopefully) is signed by President Biden, you will have two years to file a claim. First, your claim will need to be reviewed by a federal agency in writing. If the review is denied, you will only have 180 days from that denial to file suit. All lawsuits must be filed in the Eastern District of North Carolina. You will need to have all of your medical records, military records, travel records to show you were there during the relevant time periods and any information regarding VA benefits that you have received. At this time, this will not be a class action but will be multi-district litigation. This normally means that there will be a steering meeting made up of attorneys to generally represent common interests of all plaintiffs.  I also believe that you will need an attorney to represent you individually.

Claim Your Compensation Today

If you were on Camp Lejeune between 1953 and 1987, you may qualify for compensation.

People residing or working in the barracks, day cares, on-post living quarters (family housing). All areas being serviced by the water distribution systems at Tarawa Terrace and Hadnot Point could have potential exposure. 

According to the VA, the following health conditions are linked to Camp Lejeune and MCAS toxic water contamination.

Call 602-899-3035 today to see if you qualify for compensation.

  • Bladder cancer
  • Breast cancer
  • Esophageal cancer
  • Female infertility
  • Hepatic steatosis
  • Kidney cancer
  • Leukemia
  • Lung cancer
  • Miscarriage
  • Multiple myeloma
  • Myelodysplastic syndromes
  • Neurobehavioral effects
  • Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
  • Renal toxicity
  • Scleroderm

Camp Lejeune water lawsuits are a nationwide lawsuite will likely be consolidated under MDL (Multi-District Litigation), under this kind of lawsuite the plaintiff receives a settlement that is based on the specific injuries and damages sustained by each plaintiff. This allows for a more efficient processing of large numbers of cases against a large entity like the federal government. Each case is linked to one source of exposure such as Camp Lejeune’s water contamination. At this point, there is no set amount of compensation. Call 602-899-3035 today to see if you qualify for compensation.

If you lived on Camp Lejeune or worked there for more than 30 days and was exposed to contaminated water sources at work, home, or school, may be eligible for a Camp Lejeune water claim. Call 602-899-3035 today to see if you qualify for compensation.

The Camp Lejeune Justice Act of 2022, is legislation that was passed in March 2022 by the House of Representatives, is currently under review in the U.S. Senate (S. 3176). It would remove any barriers to justice for Camp Lejeune water pollution victims and allow potential victims to seek legal compensation. A North Carolina law stipulating that Camp Lejeune water contamination has been occurring for a long time prevents anyone from filing a claim for cancer. The Camp Lejeune Justice Bill will become law and Veterans, their families, and loved ones who were exposed to Camp Lejeune carcinogens, can file a claim at the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Call 602-899-3035 today to see if you qualify for compensation.

Veteran’s Affairs (VA) dealt with contamination of Camp Lejeune’s water supply by four chemicals of concern – vinyl chloride, perchloroethylene and trichloroethylene. Water contamination was attributed to both industrial activities on Camp Lejeune and also dry-cleaning facility that’s located off the base. The VA recognizes that people may have been affected by a VA-insured accident if they were unable to work for 30 days between 1953-1987. Other contaminants such as lead contamination, toxic combinations, and contamination by other toxic chemicals, were not included.

Eight diseases, including Parkinson’s, may make veterans eligible for compensation. Veterans and their families with 15 conditions such as miscarriage or other serious illnesses may also be eligible to receive health care benefits.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs recognizes the damage that contamination has done stemming from the toxic water supply and provides compensation and benefits to some of those affected. Legal compensation may also be available through a on-going lawsuit. Many Marine Corps Veterans continue to fight for more relief for their families, as well as for anyone else who has been affected by toxic water and government attempts to hide it but justice is finally in reach of these victims.

Legal compensation may be available to you. Call 602-899-3035 or click the button below to see if you qualify.

Start Your Claim